In Ephesians 1:13 God says, “In Him you also trusted, after you heard the Word of Truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise who is the guarantee (down payment) of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.” (Cf. Revelation 1:3) In Romans 10:8–10, 13, 17, confession needs to be made with your mouth (Matthew 10:32-33; Acts 2:21), and believe in your heart, not head! (Acts 8:35-39; John 6:27, 29, 35) Jesus must rule your life as the risen Lord (Boss of your life) to be saved. (Philippians 2:5-11) Faith comes by hearing His Word and salvation comes through faith in Jesus alone. (John 10:9-10; 14:6)
In 2 Corinthians 1:21-22 He who “establishes us…in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.” (Ephesians 4:30) When we confess, believe, and receive in our heart what Jesus has done, the promises in God’s Word will be “Yes!” (John 1:12) In Jesus, we see the glory of God; His glory will be reflected in our faces when we say, “Yes, Lord!” (Matthew 22:37-40; Colossians 3:1-4; Hebrews 2:1-3, 9-10; 3:6; 4:1-2, 9-13; cf. John 12:46-48; 2 Corinthians 5:9-10; Hebrews 11:1-3, 6; Luke 10:38-42) His Word transforms us into Jesus’ glorious image! God’s anointing by the Holy Spirit is a steadfast guarantee (2 Corinthians 5:5) of glory to come in the New Heaven and New Earth. (Revelation 21-22) If we are truly a child of God, your lifestyle and works will prove it. (Romans 8:14-18) In James 2:14-26 God makes it clear that good deeds toward others will never save your soul, but they reveal the genuineness of your faith! (Ephesians 2:8-9).
Since Jesus’ second coming is soon, ask God to reveal to you the answers to these questions!
1) Have you lost your first love? (Revelation 2:1-7; cf. Matthew 4:10; 22:37; Deuteronomy 6:4-9)
2) Do you fear persecution? (Revelation 2:8-11; cf. Matthew 10:16-33; Mark 13:11-13)
3) Have you compromised with the world? (Revelation 2:12-17; cf.)
4) Have you given into sexual immorality or idol worship? (Revelation 2:18-29; cf. 1 Kings 16:30-33; Romans 1:20-32)
5) Are you a member of a Dead Church? (Revelation 3:1-6; cf. 1 Timothy 6:11-20; Revelation 14:6-7)
6) Are you Faithful to God? (Revelation 3:7-13; cf. 1 Corinthians 15:50-58; 16:13)
7) Are you “Hot or Cold” toward God? (Revelation 3:14-22; Romans 12; 1 Corinthians 10:6-31)